“Jesus replied. “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.” [John 12:23-24]
Life that multiplies…what is it and what does it look like? Last month there was an item in the news media that was full of insight regarding faith. The headline was…man leaps from hot-air balloon from 24 miles high. His descent was of such speed it caused him to break the sound-barrier. His clothing was an earth-suit that had been specifically designed to do what he had never done before [neither had any man]–and it worked! He arrived back to earth safe and sound. So what are the lessons of multiplying life?
1. There is a desire to accomplish something never achieved before. Interestingly when one man steps out in faith and creates a breakthrough he sets a new record but it also paves the way for others to follow–and they always do! That’s influence.
2. To do so one must rise up higher–only then can there be a perspective of new horizons. Jesus said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” [Revelation 4:1b] That’s creativity.
3. Something of the old way must be left behind to make room for multiplying life. To ‘let-go’ of the familiar is never easy–it is part of who we are or who we have been–a reflection of what we perceive as our identity. “The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.” [v.25] That’s challenge.
4. Life travels alongside of death– to travel the inner journey is to gain heights heretofore unknown and is a singular activity–when the leap of faith is offered to you others neither see nor understand your journey. Paul said at his first court hearing, “At my first answer no man stood with me…” [ 2 Timothy 4:16] none but Christ alone. That’s courage.
5. When the seed falls to the ground, life that multiplies requires guidance, comes from within and demands of the human soul increasing levels of TRUST “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding” [Proverbs 3:5] That’s life that multiplies.
Morning Light is a branch of Unique By Design Services Inc.[ a non-profit 501 (c) (3) faith ministry] written by Rev. Diane M. Hale – Spread the light and include your friends.