“The Lord has made everything to accommodate itself and contribute to its own end and His own purpose—even the wicked are fitted for their role for the day of calamity and evil.” Proverbs 16:4 AMP
The movement of God during the closing of this season of ministry, which includes the journey to England, Austria and the Dominican Republic, was as a mighty and deep river. This verse brings understanding about the river of God and helps us to understand the following truths:
A deep and wide river moves swiftly, its speed dependent upon its original spring. “Then He showed me the river whose waters give life, sparkling like crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb.” Revelation 22:2
No resistance within the river creates the power to increase its depths and its borders. It brings healing to the nations and all that it touches. “Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.” Revelation 22:1-2
Hindrance or pressure does not make something increase but exposes what is already there and by that virtue increases itself. [I.e. the gymnast is not developed by what they do but by the strength and determination within themselves. Not what they do but who they are!]
- It allows itself to increase and re-shape as it flows.
- Whatever is received has enough power to fulfill its potential, it cannot be stopped by any external force.
- The deeper the river the less observable are its movement and power. There is a ‘stillness’ to depth.
- The ratio of width and depth is reflected in balance and reflects harmony – when a hindrance occurs the water begins to churn in the depths making it even deeper. The depths when increasing brings back balance and harmony.
“A just balance and scales are the Lord’s; all the weights of the bag are His work [established on His eternal principles” Proverbs 16:11
- The churning of the river causes the hindrance to either succumb by submission or be washed away by the power of the river:
“Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself on Him: fret not yourself because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass.” [Psalm 37:7]